Saturday, April 13, 2013

Her and She

I consider myself a happy person, but when I create it's usually sad. I choreograph to gloomy songs, sing about break ups and write pretty depressing poetry. I t scares me really, like why do I do that? Of course this isn't always the case, but still. So I decided to try and write a happy poem. It kinda worked...

She ran
Away from the place that had held them captive for so long
Her ran beside she
They did not care that they stood out
They were free

She was the responsible one
She always had been
And she protected her on the way
Her did not yet understand the danger
But that didn't matter, for today-
They were free

They knew the path 
They knew the street
But today was not the same
Something had changed
Something was different
And Freedom was its name

I know people will take this poem to mean different things, I intended it that way. You could feel it was girls, escaping a Nazi camp, princess on the run or two angels coming to heaven. While I did intend it to mean all of these the real inspiration was as simple as my little sister and I getting home from elementary school. You see, I'm just an ordinary Princess, who's poem's

I was walking home in a hail storm, so my sis took a picture.
Here is a picture of my sister and me.
still don't sound very happy...


No comments:

Post a Comment