Tuesday, March 29, 2016

My love Poem

He stood there looking nervous,
I wore my sister’s hat.
To me, he was a stranger
or something similar to that.

I gestured to him slowly.
He barely stepped through the door.
I had never experienced anything
quite like this before.

Our relationship blossomed quickly
like a tree that bore sweet fruit.
I blushed fire-engine red
when he randomly called me cute.

He took me to his hiding place.
He introduced me to his friends.
He kept my chocolate wrapper
and helped me run errands.

We sat on his downstairs couch and
he looked into my eyes.
He told me he wanted to kiss me and
I told him he should try.

His lips touched mine just slightly
and all I could do was grin.
Because, you see, with him
I was the happiest I’d ever been.

We saw each other often
And he bought me yellow flowers
He said he wanted to marry me
And I pondered it for hours.

I asked God for the answers
And yet his voice was still
Eventually I took a leap of faith
While submitting to his will.
Jaron asked me to marry him.
And I readily agreed.
And things seemed to be perfect
He was all I would ever need.

We named several of our children
I bought my wedding dress.
For a minute everything was perfect
But then it slowly became a mess.

We couldn’t agree to anything.
We both had a good cry.
He broke off the engagement
And I thought I was going to die.

At first I was embarrassed
I didn’t want anyone to know.
But then I missed him more
Than I’m even willing to say so.

I pretended I was fine.
I prayed to be ok.
I cried into my mother’s chest.
I wished everything could go away.

I wished I had someone to blame
I wished that Jaron was there
I wished that I could get a solid answer
To my constant pleading prayer.

And then, just for a moment
I was back into his arms
He kissed. He saved me.
And then again he caused me harm.

Gone.

Gone like my happiness.
Gone like my dreams.
Gone like all our plans.
Gone like… Jaron.

No comments:

Post a Comment